Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Marathon and Noah's Never Ending Rainbow

I will be running my very first marathon ever on May 19th.  In order to keep myself going and to make this accomplishment about more than just myself and my family, I will be raising money and awareness for Noah’s Never Ending Rainbow (NNER)
They are an organization that supports all types of Trisomy, even the wacky ones like Simon’s.  We have had to apply for assistance for Simon’s medical bills from them this year as well, so you know when you support them you are supporting families with Trisomy.  Trisomy is considered to be incompatible with life, so every single day is a blessing for families to spend with their Trisomy loved one.  Simon will be SEVEN in June!
This year will be a little different since I am running a marathon and not a 5K.  I will be letting you bet on me or against me.  You can pledge by mile or a flat amount for me to finish or not finish.  You choose how much and how you’re pledging.  I will collect the pledges after the marathon and send them in bulk to NNER.  If you prefer to donate directly to NNER, you are more than welcome to at: http://noahsneverendingrainbow.org/ ; just please put “Valorie’s Marathon” on your donation. Yes that picture on their front page is Simon in the middle with his Trisomy friends in Chicago.
Thank you all for always being such a great support!

No comments:

Post a Comment