Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Miserable People

You want to know how to spot a miserable person?  They're the ones that are angry that you are succeeding.  They are the ones that tell you what you are doing successfully is either a waste of time or impossible.  These people are full of self-loathing because they are not making an effort to improve their lives and the excuses they want to use are being overcome by you. Therefore their excuses are proving invalid.  Talking to these people are draining.  They don't offer anything good in your life.  Cut. Them. Loose.  I don't care if they are family, old friends or a co-worker.  I'm not saying don't ever speak to them again, just make sure you don't share a part of yourself that they don't and can't appreciate.  Let them congregate with other miserable people and you surround yourself with people that uplift and inspire you; make sure you do the same for them. 

Maybe its me getting older, but I just don't have any tolerance for it.  None.  When I was young I wanted to please, I wanted to help a miserable person be happy.  I still do actually, but now I've gotten a bit wiser and know when its a lost cause.  Most the time they think you're happiness is some form of manipulation, that's all them.  It can't keep you from being kind, but you can learn when its time to not waste your energy, because you can't afford to, they'll suck it all from you.

Most importantly, its okay to feel joy.  Its okay for you to strive and accomplish something without anyone else feeling bad about themselves.  Its okay to be the best you can be and always try to be better.  Its possible to be loving without sacrificing your soul.   Let the miserable people be miserable; you don't need to join them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment