Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Am A Mormon

I'm not a good Mormon.  I'm not a typical Mormon.  I am a Mormon by choice and not by birth, but  I am a Mormon and I am proud of it. 

I have been through the Temple and treasure and loved the experience.  I'm between temple recommends right now because of life challenges and the fact that I'm a human being.  Based on the criteria of the religion I CHOOSE, I have things to work on.  I don't expect others who choose another faith or non-faith based life to do the things I do nor think poorly of them if they do.  Heck, if they do choose the same faith I do not think poorly of them if they do things I would not do. I do take my covenants seriously. Though not in the way others would necessarily do it.

Above everything, I believe in the atonement and free agency.  I govern my life and no one elses.  Each individual life is between them and the diety of their choice.  Per the articles of faith, I respect and accept others of different believes and like to learn about them. 

I do not fit in.  I never have anywhere really.  That is exactly how I like it. I am comfortable around most people unless they're critical, rude and judgemental; then I can't get away from them quick enough.

I get annoyed by people, but for the most part I like people.  I like learning about other people's lives and experiences.  I respect those that have learned how to improve their lives to be exactly who they want and hope to be someday.  I don't think there is one person on this Earth that is not in some place of progression, even if they think they are perfect and have no improvement left. 

I don't presume to know what my Heavenly Father will judge people on.  Its not my business.  I think it will be based on a knowledge and love far greater than what is in my capicity.

I have a wicked, irreverant sense of humor.  I find humor in just about everything.   I hope God does too.....

I think if we truly strive to live like Jesus, most difficult life questions wouldn't be so difficult.  I strive to make Jesus and my Heavenly Father proud; not my neighbors. 

That in a nutshell are my thoughts regarding myself and my religion.  I do and will accept anyone in my life regardless of background.  Unless you're an A-hole, then I won't want to be around you.  You can congreate with other A-hole's. If you're good to me, I will be good to you.  Simple.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 you Valorie. I wish all Mormons were like you. =)

    ReplyDelete