Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Just Living Life

I haven't been great at keeping this up well at all.

We had a good Christmas. Quiet and together. I think we managed to surprise the boys which is what I really like to do. Just to keep that magic alive. Simon's switch didn't quite work out with the toy we planned so we're searching for a good toy to use with it. I'm still glad he has his own switch though. I found him a great musical bath toy that he can bat at and activate; PERFECT and he loves it too.

The New Year for us was quiet; except for the teenagers we were asleep by about 11:30PM, that is just how we roll. Sleepy. LOL The next morning it hit me we're only a couple of days from surgery and I just held Simon and cried. Even these minor surgeries get me until they are behind us. I can't stop kissing his cheeks and hugging on him. He started pushing my face away tonight so I guess I've reached my quota for the weekend.

I will leave you with my New Year's wish for my fellow chromosome moms, but I think its fitting for all parents really:

May the new year bring you happiness and especially good health. Smart doctors and caring nurses. Therapists who help your LO strive to their fullest potential. A smile that melts your heart or even just a blink; and a spirit that seems to speak to yours. Just remember to look back and pat yourself on the back! You made it through challenges and surprises that on days you didn't think you had the strength too. All the worries and sometimes heartache for your LO, they are behind. You can take those baby steps forward knowing that your LO is in your wonderful, able hands to guide them to be the best they can be, already in 2010, now in 2011 and continuously.I think you are all amazing people, raising other amazing people! I wish you a very happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment