Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Slow but Sure and Back to Real Life

Simon is progressing.  He was having trouble laying his head down and it was heartbreaking to watch.  I finally called his Dr to see if this was normal and apparently the neck muscles can get hyper-extended from all the scopes and T&A. So he sat in his special tomato with a heating pad.  Tylenol is taking the edge off his pain.  The poor kid seems to almost have separation anxiety and just does not want to let us out of his sight.  He has lost 2lbs during this whole ordeal and we need to increase his food, but right now its hard for him to handle what he's taking in......We'll get there.  I'm not a patient person but I'm becoming so thanks to my great guru Simon.   

I went back to work Friday and now I understand how people can become reclusive.  After being cooped up in the hospital and then home for so long interaction with others filled me with anxiety; or being away from home and my control of making sure Simon was safe filled me with anxiety, but I was filled with anxiety regardless.  Work is a definitely love hate relationship.  But you do what you gotta do.......

All the kids are back to school now.  Routine is good.  I'm having trouble motivating Hayden to concentrate on his school better.  I'm open to any suggestions for a strong-willed, stubborn almost 16 year old.  Who by 16 year old definition already knows everything and school is teaching him absolutely nothing.  I figured then he should go work for NASA and make himself useful with all his knowledge but ironically NASA really prefers you at least have a high school degree so we're stuck.

So through all of this I was driving to work to make sure I could get home in a hurry if needed.  Now I'm back on the train with all the "characters".  There are some very interesting people/situations on the train, including my own so after much pushing and deliberation I will be starting a train stories blog for some comedy relief. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope Simon continues to improve and gets some relief from those muscle cramps.
    How about dual enrollment through a local community college? I did it during my junior and senior year in HS (in which I really did learn nothing new) and graduated high school with a complete semester of college finished - for free!
    It kept me sane - I was getting into a lot of trouble and a dear VP took notice and offered that as a challenge. It made all the world of difference for me.
    Can't wait for the train stories!

    ReplyDelete