Friday, June 8, 2012

Exercise, Eating Better and Frustration

I was so paranoid of injury and my health during my marathon training, I did little exercise other than running and watched my eating within reason.  Finishing the marathon gave me a sense of freedom to go for it with other exercise and more eating restrictions.  Plus I felt so bloated after, I just felt like something had to happen.

I belong to an LDS group of runners and people into over all fitness and we started a weight loss challenge.  When I weighed in, I got serious sticker (scale) shock, but it was what it was and I reported it.  This is the first week and though I still have room for improvement, I have eaten very well and exercised every single day.  My clothes barely fit today.  I don't know if my body is rebelling or if I have something hormonal going on, but I'm frustrated and a little ticked.  I know its only the first week so I'm not going to give up or anything, but I am seriously sitting here wishing I could wear sweats to work.  Yuck.

I've been sleeping better now that Simon is.  I'm drinking lots and lots of water.  I'm eating lots and lots of vegetables.  So what the heck?! 

Has anyone out there had an experience with this?  Does it just take patience?

1 comment:

  1. I'm having the same problem Val. I went from being fairly sedentary to working out 4/5 days a week. I do an hour on the elliptical and then 30-45 mins on the bike or treadmill. It has been six weeks and I haven't lost any weight or inches! So frustrating! Mark swears it will eventually come off but sometimes our bodies just fight it. I'm sure being a female over 40 doesn't help. I even begged the doc to up my thyroid med a little but he won't. Suck it. I'm
    Going to start lifting this week. Maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete